THE POWER OF WOMEN GETTING TOGETHER TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
100 Women x $100 = $10,000 raised in just 1 hour for a charity!
- We meet quarterly on the second Thursday of February, May, August and November. Check our exact meeting schedule and location here.
- At the first meeting you attend, you will be asked to complete a commitment form to become a member. As a member you to agree to donate $400 annually – $100 at each meeting.
- At each meeting charitable non-profit organizations are nominated by you, the members, and their names placed in a basket. Capital District organizations with 501(c)(3) tax deductible status are eligible. The organization cannot have a religious or political component. National organization are only eligible if the funds will be used in the Capital District (Albany, Schenectady and Rensselaer counties).
- Three nominated organizations are then drawn and the nominating member has 5 minutes to tell why her organization should be selected. This will be followed by a 5 minute Q & A session for each nominee. A vote is taken, ballots counted and plurality rules! The nomination and voting process is reserved for members only.
- Each member writes a check for $100 to the selected organization. When all checks are in, they are presented to the director of the chosen organization. Receiving agency must agree not to solicit members or share names or other information about 100 Women Who Care members.
To nominate an organization please view How to Nominate.