- We meet quarterly on the second Thursday of February, May, August and November. Our meetings will be held at the Delmar Reformed Church, 386 Delaware Ave., Delmar, NY. Check-in is from 5-5:30 pm; our meeting will start promptly at 5:30 and end at 6:30. We thank the Delmar Reformed Church for the use of their Fellowship Hall. View our meeting schedule.
- At the first meeting you attend, you will be asked to complete a commitment form to become a member. As a member you to agree to donate $400 annually – $100 at each meeting.
- At each meeting charitable non-profit organizations are nominated by you, the members, and their names placed in a basket. Capital District (Albany, Schenectady and Rensselaer counties) organizations with 501(c)(3) tax deductible status are eligible. No political, religious or national organizations may be nominated.
- Three nominated organizations are then drawn and the nominating member has 5 minutes to tell why her organization should be selected. This will be followed by a 5 minute Q & A session for each nominee. A vote is taken, ballots counted and plurality rules! The nomination and voting process is reserved for members only.
- Each member writes a check for $100 to the selected organization. When all checks are in, they are presented to the director of the chosen organization. Receiving agency must agree not to solicit members or share names or other information about 100 Women Who Care members.
To nominate an organization view How to Nominate.